Cloud and Data Security The rapid growth in the use of Cloud based applications is accelerating as the dramatic cost savings become apparent and the security of data guaranteed. WhiteSky is hosted on servers at MS Windows Azure and accessible via an internet connection with guaranteed 99.95% up time. WhiteSky uses servers in two data centres one in Ireland and one in Germany. There are datacentres in the Far East & USA.
Data Security: data stored with MS Azure is secure well-protected data centre. Maintenance is performed by highly trained technicians so you are always up to date with the latest database and application software release.
There are 9 levels of security to keep intruders out and protect against viruses:-
- Physical security at the data-centres (locks, cameras, biometric devices, card readers, alarms)
- Firewalls, application gateways and IDS to protect the network
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) applied to virtual local area networks (VLANs) and applications
- Authentication and authorisation of persons or processes that request access to data
- Hardening of the servers and operating system instances
- Redundant internal and external DNS infrastructure with restricted write access
- Securing of virtual machine objects
- Securing of static and dynamic storage containers
- All data transferred is fully encrypted.